This exceptionally spacious four bedroom End of Terrace arranged over three floors. Constructed by award-winning developers. This luxury freehold property features, modern fitted kitchen diner with integrated appliances, guest w.c, family bathroom and two en-suite shower rooms, under floor heating throughout, Juliet balconies and in excess of a 80ft south facing garden.
Spacious brand new one and two bedroom apartments, forming part of a small new build block in N17, constructed by award-winning developers. Select units offer private gardens. These stylish apartments benefit modern fully integrated open planned kitchen/reception room. Select flats in the development offer large sliding doors opening out to a private patio/balcony area. All units feature high-quality kitchens and bathrooms, intercom systems, underfloor heating, newly created 125-year leases & 10-year new build warranty.
Excellent access to local transport links including Bowes Park overland station (direct into Highbury and Islington and the ‘City’ Moorgate) as well as Wood Green tube station (Piccadilly line).
There has been a settlement at Tottenham for over a thousand years. It grew up along the old Roman road, Ermine Street (some of which is part of the present A10 road), and between High Cross and Tottenham Hale, the present Monument Way.
When the Domesday Book was compiled in 1086, about 70 families lived within the area of the manor, mostly labourers working for the Lord of the Manor. A humorous poem entitled the Tournament of Tottenham, written around 1400, describes a mock-battle between peasants vying for the reeve's daughter.
In 1894, Tottenham was made an urban district and on 27 September 1934 it became a municipal borough. As from 1 April 1965, the municipal borough formed part of the London Borough of Haringey.
The River Lea (or Lee) was the eastern boundary between the Municipal Boroughs of Tottenham and Walthamstow. It is the ancient boundary between Middlesex and Essex and also formed the western boundary of the Viking controlled Danelaw. Today it is the boundary between the London Boroughs of Haringey and Waltham Forest. A major tributary of the Lea, the River Moselle, also crosses the borough from west to east, and often caused serious flooding until it was mostly covered in the 19th century.
From the Tudor period onwards, Tottenham became a popular recreation and leisure destination for wealthy Londoners. Henry VIII is known to have visited Bruce Castle and also hunted in Tottenham Wood. A rural Tottenham also featured in Izaak Walton's book The Compleat Angler, published in 1653. The area became noted for its large Quaker population and its schools (including Rowland Hill's at Bruce Castle. Tottenham remained a semi-rural and upper middle class area until the 1870s.
2 Mins Walk (318 & W8)
24 Mins Walk (Woodgreen)
15 Mins Walk (White Heart Lane)